Safehaven is committed to placing families at the centre of everything we do.
To achieve that, we have formed a Family Partnership Council (FPC) made up of past and current clients and their families. This program creates partnerships with families so that their first-hand knowledge can be incorporated in all aspects of program planning, delivery and evaluation.
The Family Partnership Council will provide input to the CEO and Safehaven staff members in order to achieve our strategic objectives. Through their participation, members will act in a supportive role to enhance innovative program and service offerings, strengthen bonds with clients, families, and partners, and create a highly effective organization. Members of the FPC will uphold our six main organizational promises: quality focused care, safety, client and family partnerships, respectful interactions, accountability and team values.
Want to get involved?
Members of the FPC must meet the following qualifications and requirements:
- Be a previous or current family member and/or caregiver at Safehaven
- Be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of other council members, clients, and staff
- Demonstrate respect for diversity and differing opinions
- Be willing to work collaboratively with staff and other council members
- Remain open-minded and non-judgemental
- Provide a police reference check (including a vulnerable sector check)
- Sign a confidentiality agreement and volunteer contract
- Be available to meet quarterly, and willing to commit to a minimum two-year term